Manpower has long recognised the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information of our associates, employees, candidates, clients, suppliers and partners. The nature of our business requires us to collect and handle such information, and we have a responsibility to protect it. At Manpower, respecting people is a part of our core values, along with being committed to providing services in an ethical manner.
To support these obligations, Manpower abides by the following global data privacy principles, which guide our efforts as they relate to privacy and the handling and protection of personal information:
· Notice: We provide privacy notices that explain how and why we handle personal information.
· Choice: Where appropriate, we offer people choices about our collection, use and sharing of their personal information.
· Collection and Use: We strive to collect and use only personal information that is relevant and useful to our business interactions.
· Integrity: We use reasonable and appropriate efforts to keep personal information accurate, complete and current.
· Security: We use reasonable and appropriate information security safeguards to protect personal information.
· Retention: We endeavour to retain personal information no longer than needed to fulfil our legal and business needs.
· Access: Where appropriate, we offer people the ability to review and correct, amend or update the information we have about them.
· Questions and Complaints: We provide people an opportunity to submit questions or complaints about our privacy practices. We will investigate and attempt to resolve questions and complaints.
Effective Date: November, 2010